Environment Base Camp in Denmark
Recently, the United Nations and the Royal Danish Embassy jointly organised an educational exchange program for schools of Delhi.
Held between 15th and 22nd of April, 2018, this event focused on critical issues relating to the environment and waster management.
MBIIS was represented by Aniket Goel (Class XII-A), Aarushi Bhattacharjya (Class XII-A), Adiyanthy Vel Pandian (Class XI-A), Namit Brar (Class X-A) who were accompanied by Ms. Ankita Chakraborty.
Program Highlights -
- Interaction with High School students of Gladsaxe Gymnasium, Upper Secondary School on Renewable Energy and Sustainability Scenario in Europe and India.
- City tour of Copenhagen.
- Visited Danish students’ families.
- Walk around Tivoli Gardens, the second oldest amusement park in the world which opened in 1843. Surprise element - a chance meeting with President Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United Stated in Tivoli Gardens.
- Deliberation about Waste Segregation Models in Denmark and Reuse of Waste.
- Highlight of the visit - Blue Planet Aquarium
- High level of interaction with Danish Water Forum on their on their works in Denmark, India and Globally.
- Introduction to Aqua Republica - Environment Management Game and meeting with developer.
- A discussion and comparison regarding the Indian and Danish education system.
- Study on Sustainable Architecture in Malmo, Sweden.
The students returned full of stories of the trip, and charged up with a visible sense of purpose to lead the cause of protecting the environment.