Environment Base Camp - SPAIN
The United Nations Information Center organised an Educational Exchange Program for schools of Delhi from 2 October to 9 October 2018 in Madrid, Spain. As a part of this Educational Exchange Program the students of Manava Bharati India International School, Panchsheel Park, went to Madrid and Segovia accompanied by the faculty member Ms. Shruti Pandey.
Exchange Programmes are intended to increase the participants' understanding and tolerance of other cultures, as well as improving their language skills and broadening their social horizons. It gives the student an experience of another culture firsthand and serves as an opportunity to learn and understand the real meaning of global acceptance.
Participating students: Ritik Raj - Class IX, Mallika Adnania, Bhavik Jain and Yash Pandey – Class X
· Interaction with Spanish High School students of, Colegio Menesiano School on Renewable Energy and Solid waste management Scenario in Europe.
· Valdemingomez Waste treatment Plant – A guided visit and deliberation about Waste Segregation Models and reuse of waste in Spain.
· City tour of Madrid – Puerta Sol, Royal Palace and Plaza Mayor.
· Visit to and interactive workshop at Energy and Mining University.
· Visit to the Citroen Villaverde Car factory where the car model C car is produced for distribution worldwide.
· Day trip to Segovia - UNESCO world heritage site with a stunning monument to Roman grandeur (the soaring aqueduct) surviving in the heart of a vibrant modern city along with a guided visit to Alcazar– historic castle where Walt Disney is said to have modelled Sleeping Beauty's castle in California's Disneyland.
· Real Madrid Stadium Museum and Stadium – Santiago Bernabeu Tour.
· Visit to the Warner Amusement Park.
At the end of the tour all the students and teachers expressed their gratitude to Mr Gonzalo Valdivieso, Gustavo Diez and Cristina Alamo, who coordinated the tour. The educational exchange program was a great learning and visual experience for all. We extend our gratitude to Mr. Anshul Jain, Director – Nordic Consult and Ms. Aishwarya Sehgal Project Coordinator of United Nations for giving us the opportunity of experiencing this wonderful educational exchange program.